Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Progress Made


It was a good night for quilting at my house. Both my granddaughters were here as their parents bowl on Wednesday nights so we have a standing date with the little girls every week. Tonight Annika was anxious to sew so while Vince and Kelsey occupied Alivia, Annika and I held up in my sewing room. Same scenario for Annika....unfolding, pressing, cutting, re-pressing, and re-folding..."Done, Grandma." I finished the machine quilting on my current project. It's turning out fun, but I hesitate to photograph it with the binding attached but not finished. So instead I'll show you the quilting from the backside. It's hard to see the stitches in these photos, but if you double click on the photos you'll get a nice enlargement that shows the details very nicely. I normally match the bottom thread with the backing fabric but I thought this might be a nice example to bring to class with me when I am teaching machine quilting. I feel I'm really mastering a nice smooth stitch as well as an appealing random design. So here's what it looks like on a section of the back. This project is a very unique project. It is intended to hang in front of some shelves we have in our half bath. These shelves hold a lot of unflattering items, some of a personal nature, and this will help keep all those items from view. Vince asked me if I could make a curtain for it and for those of you who know me well....I can't make anything that simple. Hopefully tomorrow I can post a photo of the finished 'curtain'. I'd like to think it will get hung up right away, but the bathroom isn't quite finished yet and I think this will likely be the last thing to go up.

No comments:

Post a Comment