Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Quilting Companian Bo-Bo


Now that the active child has gone home the sewing room has quieted down to it's normal pace. Vince and Kelsey are gone to a basketball game and won't be home until late so it's super quiet now compared to ealier. Bo Bo is our family cat and spends most of her evenings perched here on my sewing table, nestled under the light. I put a piece of practice work on the shelf of the table and she loves her bed. The light provides her with warmth and every now and then I give her a scratch on the head. Before I put the fabric up there she'd lie on the other side of my sewing machine. It didn't last long though because every time I'd put my hand behind the presser foot, Bo Bo would think it was time to play and she'd start batting at my hand. I was afraid she'd get her paw under the needle so I remedied it by giving her the little bed she likes so well. She still insists on coming over and lying on top of the quilt when I am quilting. She likes the warmth my other work light provides and the softness of the batting. This must be it because she never lies on the tops before they are sandwiched.
Below is a photo of her while she relaxes in my room.
After I took her photo she decided to bury her head and ignore me! Typical Cat!


Add Image

No comments:

Post a Comment