Friday, March 9, 2012

TGIF!

Ladies and Gentlemen.........the weekend is finally here.  And this is the first weekend in a long time that we are not on the road doing business.  This is going to be a weekend of productive pleasure!  I'm planning a lot of spring cleaning and organizing and if I accomplish it.......that will be a pleasure to see! 
First off let me say that this is not going to be a business-free weekend.  I can't imagine not doing something, but all I have planned right now is a Saturday evening meeting.  The rest of the weekend is mine!
Besides doing the spring thing, I'm excited to do a couple of craft organization things. I have been seeing some great ideas on Pinterest for earring holders.  I want to try putting the screen behind the frame and hanging my earrings on it.  Looks like a great idea and there isn't room in my jewelry box now that I actually can wear earrings.  I have never been able to wear earrings.  I self pierced my ears when I was in high school only to discover that I have a metal allergy.  For years I put up with infected ears when I would try to wear earrings.  Years later I was told that my allergy was to nickel so all I had to do was find nickel-free jewelry.  Well, I found it and I bought it and I wore it.........and I broke out and was miserable again.
After I had my kids I had my ears re-pierced as they had closed up from all the problems I had the last time I wore earrings.  But alas, the allergy was still there.  It wasn't until this past year when I discovered this new medical breakthrough that my allergy actually went away.  I have been going to Walmart every time I'm in Great Falls and buying several pairs of earrings.  I just love wearing them.  I'm heading to the city on Monday and I'm planning on stopping by Claire's.............I just hope I can limit myself to a dozen or so!
And because I can now wear and collect cool earrings, I need storage solutions for my growing collection.  The screen frame is attactive and looks like it would work very well.  And it will look nice next to the shelf with the knobs that I hang all my necklaces on.   I'll keep you posted.  With all the other things that I NEED to accomplish this weekend, this project will likely wait until next week. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment