Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Another Great Day

The day is almost to an end and I must admit it was a complete success.  At work I managed to cross off everything from my "To Do" list.  And it was a long list!  There's nothing like seeing all those blue highliter lines crossing off the items on a long list.  I like to make the list and cross it off as I accomplish each task...it's not only motivating but also rewarding to see all those items disappear.
After work I raced home to get my walk in.  Yes, you read that right. After just one day of successful walking I was excited to do it again.  I put in another 30 minutes at a nice fast speed and it was another positive experience.  I listened to my motivational audio book and really felt good about myself by the time I was done.  I'm starting to think this whole adrenalin thing is pretty awesome!
And tonight's victory was booking our flight and motel for our April trip to Anaheim.  We'll be spending 7 days there and I can hardly wait.  We have a convention to attend for 3 days and we'll spend those with a whole group of friends and family from Sunburst, Kevin, Great Falls, Lewistown and Billings.  We've been travelling together this past year and this trip promises to be the most fun and rewarding yet! 
Vince has a good friend from High School that lives in LA so they'll be spending some time together and I'm sure we'll find many more things to do before coming back to reality. 
I also heard from a dear friend recently whom I had lost contact with a few years ago.  She emailed me and I was delighted to hear from her.  I'm so excited about rekindling our friendship.  She was a huge part of my life and I've felt guilty for some time about not keeping in touch.  But that's changed now, thanks to her.  I received a text from her this evening saying she'd be following my blog.  That means a lot to me.  I am feeling very blessed.
I'm going to try to get a recent picture so I can post a progress picture. I have a hideous "before" picture selected but I refuse to post it until I have an "after" picture to post with it.  I don't want to scare off any prospective followers after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment