Thursday, March 8, 2012

My Movie Date!

I've been reading the Janet Evanovich books about Steffanie Plum for a couple of years.  Actually, I was caught up in the series a couple of years ago and now I read any new ones that come out.  I've also managed to get both of my older daughters, as well as my mother, completed hooked on the series.  When we first heard that One For The Money was coming out in film, we made a date to go.
Tonight we had that date.  Mom, Ashley, Mallory and I went to the movies!  We pretty much had the place to ourselves since it's a Thursday night and all.  We all enjoyed the movie and we agree on a few other things too.  First of all, Ranger was not at all what we expected.  I pictured a Dwayne Johnson type (The Rock) as Ranger when I read the books.  Ashley was thinking someone with a similar frame.  And Joe Morelli wasn't what we expected either.  But the casting for Stephanie, her parents and Grandma Mazur was excellent.  Lula was perfect and they couldn't have found a more sleazy Vinnie if they tried!  It was a fun movie.
And now for a brag moment....I got right back at it today and did my walk after work.  I was a little worried that after missing yesterday's exercise I wouldn't want to go back today.  But I came right home after work, donned the walking shoes, and got moving.  Felt really good.  I'm planning on continuing the 30 minute brisk walk for this month and then I'll try to make it a little longer in April.  I don't want to burn myself out.  Remember, this is the first time that it hasn't been a chore and I want to avoid having it become that way again.  I drink 32 ounces of water while I'm walking, so I also get in some of that valuable hydration that I have such a hard time getting.  I'm not a big water drinker and while I usually have Diet Pepsi with me all the time, I drink them very slowly.  So I'm glad to be able to get that much water in while walking. 
On the subject of health, it was a great day for food.  I found some brussel sprouts in the fridge that I didn't realize I had, so I steamed them up and enjoyed them with a piece of grilled chicken for lunch.  Yum yum!  I so enjoy steamed vegetables because they have such vivid flavor.  None of the flavor or color is boiled out.  I'm sure you've noticed that after you strain the veggies out of the water you boiled them in, the veggies are pale and all the color is left in the water.  Well, so are a lot of the nutrients and flavor.  I want all the good stuff so I steam!  I'm a huge fan of the Ziploc Zip and Steam bags. My only complaint is that they get hard when they have been used a few times and then the ziploc seal is hard to seal.  But I still use one about a half dozen times before throwing it out and grabbing a new one. And there's no better way to cook frozen fish.  Just season your frozen fillet and steam for a couple of minutes.  I have a tendancy to bake fish until it's dry but it's always super moist when I steam it.
Yes, today was a success.  Lived healthy and spent time with the women in my family tonight.  The bar has been set high..........hope tomorrow can live up to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment