Thursday, March 15, 2012

Not just another Monday...

It was a really good day for a Monday.  I had a doctor appointment in Great Falls so I took the day off and headed to town with Kelsey.  We don't go to the big city that often so when we do, we have a list and we're on a mission.  We left home at 8:00 this morning and got home at 8:00 tonight.
First stop was Home Depot.  It's rather overwhelming looking for lumber in a place that size.  I did the best I could on my own, then found someone to help me.  Once I decided to use the recommended cedar, it was simple.  They only had 2x4's and 4x4's, and knowing that I wanted the beds 12" high, I just quickly figured what materials I needed and had them pull it all.  I ended up needing 27 of the 2x4's and 3 of the 4x4's for the corner posts.  I didn't want to have the lumber in the back of Vince's pickup all day so I had them pull it and paid for it and told them I'd be back!  And because I was pretty excited about getting this project off the ground, I bought a small houseplant to pot for the kitchen.  I used to have a house full of plants but they didn't do well in the smokey environment (back when there were 2 of us smokers in the house) so when I lost them, I never replaced them.  As a part of my new attitude, I've decided that I want plants again.  So today I got my first.  I'll put it in a nice pot and show it off in a few days.
From there we went to the mall where I successfully grew my new earring collection.  That was so much fun. Kelsey was a big help.....the last thing I wanted was to buy too many "old lady earrings".
After the mall we had lunch at Applebees.  I love eating there because they have a house sirloin that is exactly double the amount I can eat at one meal.  For this reason I order it and take half home with me and have dinner half made.  And they always make me my special order of a double side of steamed broccoli and they always get it right.  I never end up have to push away another side, the medium rare steak is always just right, and they give me just right amount of broccoli.  So, as usual, lunch was great.  Kelsey's chicken caesar salad looked great and she really enjoyed it also.
After lunch we

No comments:

Post a Comment