Monday, February 1, 2010

Show & Tell


In lieu of the fact that today was a very ordinary day, I will post something much more exciting from the past. I want to share some of my favorite quilts so I'll start with one that I'm very proud of. "He Is Risen" hangs at the front of my church. I designed this one by adding a few elements of stained glass windows I'd seen with some quilt elements, and then collected fabrics for over a year. It was a lot of fun. I carried a little drawing of the piece with me and every visit I made to a fabric store or a vendor booth at a quilt show, I'd search for yet another perfect piece to include in this work. The colors are all batiks with the exception of the white dove and the unique brown cross fabric. That piece I found on ebay and was thrilled to find a nice wood grain fabric that worked so well for the cross. The quilt measures approximately 60" X 80" and is quite large for a piece that hangs on the wall. But I created this specifically for the church and I knew the wall would support a piece of this size. I'm happy to share this with you and would like to make more of this stained glass type of quilt to show off in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment